Thursday, November 6, 2008

Light Hearted; Black Olives, Flooding toliets, and the underground.


I debated which post to put first and I felt that you always read the top one first, so since I was going to post 2 things today I wanted the funny one second.

There are things in life that boggle my mind one is black olives. I love black olives. Often times I could sit there and eat a whole bowl of them. As kids we used to to even put easy cheeze in them. But they taste different mixed with different things. This might just be a Will Hanke thing. Since my best friend while in town lately did say I wish I could taste things like Will does. His point is my taste buds seem to be sensitive. While I have grown to love and try many things I am picky about certain things and how they mix. You will never catch me eating and candy bar and drink a soda (I still think pop in my head but say that for the rest of you). I hate how it tastes when you mix them. You lose the taste of how awesome the candy bar and the soda are. You need the salty to compliment the sweet. Another amazing one is chocolate milk and a banana. Sure the staff makes fun of me but let me tell you that combination is amazing. What boggles my mind is how black olives taste different on subway sandwiches. They also taste different on salads. I am not sure if it is just the mix of other stuff but they do taste different. Every time I got to Subway I make the debate black olives today or not. I know it will completely alter my sandwich. I did it today and it made me think about all of this.

If you want more helpful hints on amazing combinations just let me know. I will be happy to tell you how parsley changes the taste of mushrooms and makes it amazing.

On to the next thing I hate when toilet's flood. I am serious a toilet could be completely clean and flood and I would feel like it is still nasty. Today my toilet flooded and I had just taken a shower and I thought great now I feel gross. I just don't get it why when the water is so low and then you flush again does it go to the top. It was an interesting start to my Thursday.

On those 2 random notes may I still remind you that as tough as this world is it is still a funny place to leave. While I often write deep thoughts and you got one as you read my first blog, I also want to remind you to enjoy the funny moments in life. God has created us all different and whether olives taste funny on a sandwich, you don't like meat, you hate licking napkins or you can't even stand looking at snakes life is funny. And even if you struggle with John Mayer's voice, which I can't understand, life is funny. We all are different. So while I had a deep post for my first one remember to enjoy life and take time to notice the little funny stuff that happens.

Last I just want you to know for High School kids we are starting something called the Underground. It is kind of the hidden hang out time. I talked to some of the high school guys who are going to meet me at Wing Stop in Costa Mesa on Newport Beach Rd for wings on Saturday. We are going to meet hang out and talk about life at 3pm this Saturday. This will happen a couple times a month. I will make sure it is in my blog and I will text as many of you as I can. High School can be so busy this is time to squeeze in some fellowship, hang out have wings and just enjoy the life God has given us.

1 comment:

will said...

hey my name is Will Hanke and I love black olives, too!